Additional Terms for Users in the People's Republic of China
Additional Terms for Users in the People's Republic of China
Version 1.2，Modified on March 8, 2022. Thank you for choosing our services.
1. Scope of Personal Information as Applied to PRC Users
“Personal Information” refers to all kinds of information related to identified or identifiable natural persons recorded by electronic or otherwise, excluding anonymized information. “Personal Information” includes the natural persons' names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc. “Sensitive Personal Information”refers to the personal information that may likely to result in damage to the personality and dignity of any natural person or damage to his or her personal or property safety once leaked or illegally used, including but not limited to biometric information, religious belief, specific identity, medical care and health, financial account and whereabouts and tracks, as well as the personal information of minors under the age of 14.
2. Watts’ Collection and Use of Personal Information
3. Entrusted Processing, Share, Transfer and Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not share, transfer or disclose your Personal Information to any other companies, organizations or individuals, unless we have obtained your explicit consent or authorization or as otherwise permitted under the law.
(3) Transfer: We do not and will not sell your Personal Information. We will not transfer your Personal Information to any other companies, organizations or individuals, unless:
(a) Under the conditions established by applicable laws, we will transfer your Personal Information to the recipients designated by you per your instruction via transferring channels designated by us.
(b) If we need to transfer your Personal Information as a result of any business/asset transfer, restructuring, disposal (including asset securitization), merger, division, dissolution, declaration bankruptcy or other similar circumstances, we will: (i) inform you the name and contact information of the recipient; (ii) require the company, organization or individual who keeps your Personal Information to continuously abide by this policy; if the aforesaid is not achievable, we will require the company, organization or individual to seek your renewed consent; (iii) if there is no party to transfer your personal information to post-bankruptcy, we will delete your Personal Information.
(4) Disclosure: We will not disclose your Personal Information, except where the disclosure of such information is explicitly prescribed by the laws and regulations or as required by regulatory authorities. When disclosure is necessary, we will inform you the purposes and types of Personal Information for disclosure; if Sensitive Personal Information is involved, we will obtain your separate consent.
In accordance with the relevant laws and regulations and within a reasonable scope, we may share and disclose your Personal Information without consent under the following circumstances:
(1) necessary to our performance of statutory duties or obligations;
(2) directly related to national security or national defense security;
(3) directly related to public security, public health or significant public interests;
(4) directly related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial or judicial enforcement;
(5) necessary for protecting the life, property or other major lawful rights and interests of you or other individuals, where it is difficult to obtain your consent;
(6) such Personal Information is disclosed voluntarily by yourself;
(7) your Personal Information is collected from legitimate public channels, such as news reports or information disclosure by governments, etc.;
(8) necessary for entering into and performing a contract to which you are a party upon your request; or
(9) according to laws and regulations, or per the requirements of regulatory authorities or other competent authorities.
4. Storage, Deletion and Protection of Personal Information
In the event of any unintended disclosure or loss of Personal Information, we will inform you as soon as possible and report to the relevant authorities in accordance with the PRC laws and regulation.
5. Cross-border Transfer of Personal Information
We provide products or services around the world, which means, within your authorized consent or as specifically allowed by laws or regulations, your Personal Information may be transferred to or accessed from the jurisdictions outside the countries/regions where you have originally received our products or services.
If any part of our Services involves cross-border data processing, we will provide your Personal Information to overseas recipient in the manner prescribed by laws and regulations. We will inform you the name and contact information of the recipient, purposes and methods of processing, types of Personal Information, as well methods and procedures to exercise your information rights provided by laws and regulations against the recipient, and obtain your separate consent in accordance with the laws. You may contact us via the contact information found in Section 8 of these Additional Terms to obtain the detailed list of the recipient of the cross- border transmission.
Such jurisdictions may have different data protection laws or even no relevant laws. In such cases, we will ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected as if within the territory of the People's Republic of China. And we will take reasonable security measures, including encrypted storage and the formulation of data security management policies, to protect your Personal Information.
6. How to Exercise Your Personal Information Rights
You have the right to request access to the Personal Information held by us, as well as to demand correction or deletion of such Personal Information. Besides, you are entitled to withdraw your consent for the using of your Personal Information, and to obtain a copy of your Personal Information.
(1) Right to Access: You may request the information we have collected from and about you over the past 12 months including: (a) the categories of Personal Information we have collected; (b) the sources from which the Personal Information is collected; (c) the business or commercial purposes for collecting your Personal Information; (d) the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Information; (e) the specific species of Personal Information we have collected about you and (f) the categories of Personal Information we disclosed for a business purpose.
(2) Right to Correct: You may request that we make corrections to the Personal Information we may have about you.
(3) Right to Withdraw Consent: You may opt-out of receiving "commercial electronic messages (CEMs), which includes text messages, e-mail messages, etc., and withdraw your consent to our continued use of your Personal Information for that purpose. This will remove you from all marketing lists. However, we will assume you have not opted out or withdrawn your consent as long as you continue to use those Services. In that case, we will continue displaying our Services and its contents to you.
(4) Right to Delete: You may request that we delete any Personal Information we have about you. This will include deletion of all account information you may have provided and such deletion may affect the Services we offer.
(5) Right to Obtain a Copy of Personal Information: You have the right to require a copy of your own Personal Information.
To make a request to exercise your rights mentioned above, you should contact us via the contact method provided in Section 8 of these Additional Terms. For security purposes, you may have to provide written materials or to prove your identity in other reasonable way. We may require you to authenticate your identity before processing your relevant request. ¬We will respond to your request within a reasonable time.
7. Account Registration, Use and Termination
You have the right to terminate your account at any time. Provided that all payments have been settled, you may contact us to terminate your account through the contact method provided in Section 8 of these Additional Terms. We will check the status of the account and terminate it for you within a reasonable time. Upon the termination of your account, we will cease collecting and processing your Personal Information, and delete or irreversibly de-identify your Personal Information.
8. Contact Information
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Phone: 400-070-8760
By Mail: Watts Water Technologies, Inc. – Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa
Room 01-02 & 04-06, 26th Floor, the Crest
500 West Yan’an Road
Shanghai 200050, China
These Additional Terms are written in both Chinese and English. The English version is for reference only, and the Chinese version shall prevail in the event of any inconsistency between the two versions.